Pages

Sunday 11 May 2014

A cloth nappy or two and a review...


I did originally have this post written out, but since I was in process of being completed the information no longer applies. So here goes for the rewrite of a nappy/diaper review.


itti bitti


Itti Bitti
I opted to try the sized D'Lish snap-in-one(SIO) and the all-in-one(AIO) rather than the OSFM Tutto. Overall I would have to say I like them and would recommend them to others, I did however choose for myself not to buy the next size up once my son grew out of the mediums I had purchased. My pros and cons are:


Medium All-in-One 3months
All-in-One
Medium Snap-in-one 3months
Snap-in-One
Pros
Cons
Pros
Cons
Slim fitting
Low absorbency
Slim fitting
Inserts slow drying
sized to reduce bulk known with OSFM
sized so more to be purchased when outgrown
sized to reduce bulk known with OSFM
sized so more to be purchased when outgrown
Low rise and fits
well under pants
can be hard to get good fit around the waist with single row snaps
Low rise, narrow in crotch and fits well under pants
can be hard to get good fit around the waist with single row snaps
Soft minky outer
low rise
Soft minky outer

Narrow in the crotch
Very slow drying
ability to snap in a booster

Ability to snap in a booster

can reuse shell if wet only

 

***********



3 months old
Grovia
I only have a Grovia hybrid and I love it, I would love to own more of these. These are one of my more favourite nappies.

I have both the stay-dry hemp snap in insert and the organic cotton one. I cannot say which one I prefer but when comparing the two it is like this:



 Another good feature of the Grovia hybrid is that if the insert is just wet you can reuse the shell. They also have the option of purchasing biosoakers which are disposable inserts, a great option if you are going away on holiday.

Snap closure
Hook & Loop closure
 I prefer the hook & loop closure over the snaps, purely as I couldn't get a good fit with the snaps and it sat funny around the waist. It may be different once my son is older but for now I only have hook and loop. I didn't start using the one I purchased while pregnant until my son was about 3-4 months old and was on the second smallest rise setting. Due to the size of the insert I feel that it would cause quite a bit of bulk on a small newborn.



**********






Real Nappies
In my last review I spoke about how I didn't like them on my son as a newborn and that I wouldn't buy them again. I did actually buy a few of the next size up. My reasoning however is as follows:


  • They will be good for around the house
  • Can be used in pocket nappies as inserts
  • Couldn't afford to buy multiples of other brands. For a total of $54 I got 6 prefold Real Nappies and two Thirsties Duo covers. When you compare that to one Tots Bots Easy fit, plain not patterned for $38 they are a bargain.

Initially when they arrived I did think that maybe I was crazy choosing these but have since changed my tune and purchased the next size up yet again. Having a Snappi or two has helped and finally getting the hang of putting on the prefold and cover without too much fluffing around has helped. They are really absorbent which I love. I do prefer to use them as a prefold and not an insert as I find that they are very bulky in pocket nappies. Yet when I use it as a folded nappy they are nice and trim and my son doesn't get a "bum shelf".


 **********


I do hope these few reviews have come in handy and please check out my other posts for more nappy reviews. Watch out for my review on covers coming out soon.

The nappies listed above can be purchased in New Zealand from the following websites:
Nappy Heaven  - Itti Bitti, Grovia, Real Nappies
Cheeky Cherubs   - Itti Bitti, Grovia
Tweedle  - Grovia

You can also find them from other online store in New Zealand, but those are the ones that I have personally shopped at for nappies.


0 comments:

Post a Comment