Pages

Saturday 9 August 2014

Prefold Tutorial: Double Wing Fold

Please note that I made this fold up one day after being frustrated with either the back wings being too short or my prefold being too long. I used to use the newspaper fold for my son, but found it quite bulky between the legs so adapted it and came up with this. The fold may have already been created by someone else, but either way I thought I would share it. Check out the video tutorial too, link at the bottom of the post, or on the right just above my profile.

Step one:  Lay Prefold out in front of you

 Fold approximately 1/4-1/3 of the bottom up, this will be front of the nappy.
 Flip the prefold over so that the folded bit is underneath.
 Fold into three like the pad fold. As you can see the first fold has created wings type things at the bottom, these will be at the front of the nappy.
 Unfold the top of the pad to form wings, it should look like the picture above.
Place the baby onto the nappy and fold the front bit up, it will look like this.

  Fold the wing bit up to extend the wings and reduce the bulk between the legs.

Fold front wings around your childs waist while bringing the back wings round and to the front. Fasten with a Snappi, Boingo or pin. And of course cover with a waterproof cover of your choice my favourites are Thristies Duo Wraps or Gen-y Universal covers.





The two pictures below are of the same fold for two different size prefolds on my 9.2kg 1yr old son
Infant prefold, currently right length but not quite wide enough for newspaper fold. In this photo the snappi only just fits, boingos would have been better.

Crawler size prefold, currently right width for the newspaper fold, but too long and therefore adds bulk between the legs. Either a snappi or a Boingo can be used with this size prefold and fold.


Check out my Facebook and Instagram for regular updates and more. My Youtube channel is currently under construction so subscribe for updates on new videos as they are posted in the coming weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment