Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Formula Recalls, Botulism and all important decisions.

I haven't even had my baby yet and already the formula that I chose to initially use has been recalled due to a botulism scare with the whey powder used.Click here for more info.

How can a first time mother put her faith in infant formula when things like this happen? Firstly though, to those of you who breast feed and can be a little judgemental about those of us who choose to formula feed, please know that I didn't get a choice. I want what's best for my baby and apparently my first choice didn't make the cut. Fear not, I have now replaced the tainted powder with another brand deemed safe.

Being a first time mother is going to be hard enough without having to worry about the formula that I will be feeding my baby. We have all these decisions to make not only before the child is born but also once it arrives. Do I want an epidural? Should I have a water birth? Do I give my baby vitamin K?, What nappy cream is best? Is my baby wearing enough clothes? Do I wait in clamping the cord? We have all these new and confusing decisions thrown at us and are expected to know what is best for our children.

Can anyone truly make the right decision every time? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment