Pages

Thursday 8 August 2013

Dirty Diapers, wet wipes and insane choices...

I wrote in my last post about having to make all these decisions that one has never made before, well quite early on in my pregnancy I made the decision to use cloth nappies. I am not sure yet whether I will exclusively use cloth or use a combination of cloth and disposable. I do know that for at least the first one to two weeks I will be using disposables to allow myself to get used to the whole motherhood thing, before adding all the washing and soaking.


Washed, dried and ready for sorting.
Flat fold nappies.

Covers and inserts ready for sorting and stuffing.

All sorted, stuffed and ready to be used.

Getting them all ready, took a bit longer than anticipated and I really shouldn't have left it to the last minute to do. Being 40+ weeks pregnant and washing dozens of nappies can be a little tiring, but I can now say that it is done. They have all been pre-soaked to kick start the absorbency, washed 3 times and dried outside for added freshness. Now I just need the baby to arrive so that I can start to use them.

I did balk a little when I was looking into the costs of cloth nappies.  I do know that I am going to save money in the long run with my decision but the initial start up costs were a little daunting. But overall I think I have done OK. I also showed my partner the savings that we will be making, I just need to get him use to the idea of using them. I did show him today how easy some of the ones I have are to use. We like simple and easy in our house.

My best bargain so far is this TotsBot easy fit for $0.50 (NZ) from an op-shop. I couldn't believe my luck as they come highly recommended, and cost approx $35 new. Here's hoping it's not past it as it looks almost brand new.

Stay tuned for my experiences in using cloth nappies and feel free to check out my YouTube and Instagram pages, the links can be found on the left above the 'about me' section.

But lastly one question for you all... Did/do you use cloth or disposables?

0 comments:

Post a Comment