Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Denying the Breast

I could probably be labeled a bad mother for doing this, but when you are sick and tired of being used as a pacifier the boob no longer becomes available. My son at present is using me as a pacifier and wants to be in my arms to have free access to my breasts. He doesn't suck for food most of the time but will just suck for the sake of sucking. I will gently detach him and he is generally asleep at this point.

Carefully I stand up with him in my arms and take him to his cot to sleep the rest of his nap. I stupidly think that he is in a deep enough sleep to stay asleep when I put him down. But low and behold as with every other time I put him down during the day he wakes with big smiles. I try to get him back to sleep but to no avail. If it's night I can leave him and he will go to sleep on his own but during the day he won't take a bar of it and will cry until picked up. Then seek the breast again.

DOn't get me wrong, if he is really showing signs of being hungry I will feed him, but the constant sucking is just getting too much. He gets irritable from no sleep, but then will be happy the rest of the time. I am at my wits end.

Today is not a good day for lack of sleep, we have a BBQ to go to and I need to make a plate, but his clinginess is putting a damper on that.

KID I JUST WANT you to SLEEP!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment